Sunday, August 2, 2009

A trap for my colour

The colour that I feel today is hidden from me. It hides from me around corners and it hides from me up in trees. It’s like a child’s game of hide and go seek, but I’m not playing and somebody is still counting and hiding and giggling around the corner.
The colour I feel today is illusive and mysterious, but I have a plan. The plan is a trap, a trap that will capture my colour that is playing that game. The trap will be
a rope.
or a cage.
or a vice.
it will hold a treat, a temptation and when the colour inches closer with its nose sniffing the air and its tongue and stomach yearning for food,
the trap will fall, slamming its victim close in its clutches.
The colour will struggle and thrash but after a while it will subdue and when it does I'll approach it and asked in a surprised voice
"what’s happened here then hey, what's happened here hmmm?”
It will look at me with big wide eyes and it will be won over by my innocence, unawares of my intentions. I will woo it out of the traps clutches and cup it in my hands and say
"there there, its ok, life is ok my pretty colour"
in a soothing voice and it will love me because I saved it.
The colour will be mine then and I won’t have to play games and run around corners and look up trees because I’ll have it with me.
Unless I forget to close the gate,
Or keep the leash on
Or forget to pat it and love it and it wriggles away from my clasps.
That naughty colour will start hiding again, around corners and up trees.
Then I’ll get out the traps and the game will begin again, the search for my colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment