Sunday, August 2, 2009

Because is the colour

Today the weather is nice, it is nice because the sun is out and the colours shine brighter because of the brightness of the sun and the heat is out but the heat is not too much too bear, and the air smells of summer because summer smells of grass, and bbq’s and sunscreen and winter melting and that’s what I can smell. Today the weather is nice and the colour I feel should reflect it. The colour should be a green that matches the grass, or a blue that mirrors the sky, or a white that resembles my old car that makes the sound of rust when it moves but can take me on a ride to the beach if I want it to. These are the colours I should feel, but I feel no colour, I feel no colour because I am inside and I can’t go out. I can’t go out because I have to work and working will make those other moments happen, or that’s what I tell myself. Because if I don’t the 'becauses' become redundant, as redundant as my bank account and as redundant as my life. I tell myself all this and although I feel no colour, I will do soon. When my shift ends and even though I missed the day with the weather that is nice, I can hope that it holds out til tomorrow and I’ll feel the colour of the day when work isn’t an action but merely a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment